This is at the rear of the club. It has a separate building where members can store their bowling equipment if required or just sit and have a chat. There is also a pleasant seating area around the perimeter of the bowling green.In 1911 a piece of land behind the club came on to the market, Mr. F. W. Sykes of Green Lea Lindley purchased this land and presented it to the club for a "peppercorn" lease on the opening of the bowling Green in May 1912. The "peppercorn" rent had to be paid on Christmas day of each year and within the agreement it also stipulated that the club were not allowed to build on the land. The addition of a bowling green came at an opportune time, for the club was beginning to face opposition from two other working men's clubs which had been established in the village, one of which had its own bowling green. The club continued to pay a "peppercorn" on Christmas day of each year for the lease of the bowling green until 2006, when a special general meeting was held for members. At this meeting members voted that the committee take forward the possible purchase of the bowling green. In July 2007 the club successfully purchased the bowling green from the Walker family who owned the land at this time.
At the time of writing this the club has 135 members in the bowling section. The membership is made up of male and female members who enjoy both the social and competitive aspect of bowling. To join the bowling section a nominal fee is required.
The bowling pavilion has a fully functioning kitchen, large hall and patio seating to the front. It is possible to hire the pavilion for functions and small parties.
Our bowling green was voed the most improved green for 2019
All new bowlers should get in touch with the relevant bowling representative, male bowlers to contact Ian Kinloch, women bowlers to contact Dawn Fawcett